Unit Attention Condition

Unit Attention Condition

Reports to I that operating mode of the T has changed from the last cmd sent to the T.
Reported on all SCSI cmds except INQURY.
Cmd it is reported with is not executed.

1) Each LU shall generated a UA condition, for each I, whenever the LU has been reset by:
  •      a hard reset condition
  •      by a power-on reset.
  •      or a BUS DEVICE RESET message
2) LU shall also generate a UA condition for each I whenever one of the following events occurs:
  •     INQURY data has been changed.
  •     The LU inventory has been changed.
  •     A removable medium may have been changed.
  •     The mode parameters in effect for this I have been changed by another initiator.
  •     Tagged commands queued for this I were cleared by another I.
  •     The version or level of microcode has been changed.

Targets may queue or stack unit attention conditions on LU.


Comments

  1. Hi Roky,

    The google gave me this blog entry among others while I was searching some details about UNIT ATTENTION condition.

    I'm trying to figure out if UA condition is always reported with non-good response status (i.e. CHECK CONDITION, BUSY), or there might be a case when response status is GOOD, but still there's UA condition in a sense data attached to response.

    Will appreciate your clarification,


    Yuri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Can you please tell me how can I manually generate any of the events listed in condition 2 if I want to ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts